One-on-One, Individualized Coaching for Mothers
You love being a mother. And there’s work you want to do in the world and relationships you want to nurture. If you find yourself feeling stuck between motherhood and your other desires – stalled in your work life, resentful at home, and unsatisfied with both – one-on-one coaching can help you find your flow.
You are an amazing mother. Your kids are your pride and joy and it shows: you enjoy a warm and close relationship with them, and they are thriving.
At the same time, a mother is not all you are. You’re also a wife or partner and a woman with career and creative aspirations. Prioritizing your kids, fulfilling as that is, has put these other parts of you on the backburner. If it feels like it’s time to give them attention, to grow in your relationship or in your work, coaching can help you move forward freely and with clarity.
Benefits of Coaching
Do you have a life coach yet? If not, you should! Coaching can help you:
- Resolve ambivalence – the feeling of being pulled in different directions and not knowing what to do
- Find clarity – of purpose and action
- Take inspired action consistently
- Gain momentum – move out of stuckness
- Live in integrity – align reality with your vision of yourself
- Awaken joy – banish blahs
As your coach, I can see things you can’t – the limiting beliefs that needlessly hold you back, the potential you’ve gone blind to – and help you to move forward. Within the supportive, encouraging relationship of coaching, you will feel braver, and you’ll take the risks that can yield big results.
Together we will:
- Identify what you want
- Draw your path to it, including way-points so you know you’re on the right path
- Identify and remove barriers that keep you stuck or get in your way
- Create the support structures you need to make it easier.
Additionally, as your coach I will:
- Cheer you on – acknowledge, encourage, inspire, and push you
- Keep you accountable – to the commitments you’ve made to your becoming-self
- Help you with course-corrections.
Do Your Work
If it’s your career or a creative project that you want to breathe life into, we’ll create a personalized program to help you achieve your goals. I can help you:
- Give yourself permission — Stop seeking it outside yourself.
- Create a road map with waypoints to your destination – We’ll make it easy but sure to get you where you want to go.
- Manage fear – So it does not manage you.
- Avoid self-sabotage – I’ll keep you honest.
- Use play and risk – These wildcards catalyze growth!
- Find your authentic no and your authentic yes – Stop people-pleasing.
I cannot thank Allison enough for leading me through a life transition and getting me back on the right track. It is amazing how much our weekly sessions make a difference and bring a clear focus to my life. Allison very carefully led me through my thoughts, examined them, and helped to renew a sense of confidence in myself that was needed to move forward and trust myself. I can honestly say that what I imagined a perfect day to look like is happening. I have a better sense of balance and peace in my life, a fantastic new job and more time with my family. I have a great amount of gratitude for where I am. I recall during a recent meeting noticing how grateful I was for where I was, the quality of the people I was with, the diversity and the opportunity for learning and new experiences. – Stacie, IT Executive and mother of two, in Phoenix, AZ
Coaching with Allison is the best decision I have made! I coached with her at a time when I was overwhelmed and felt like I was just a mother, student, and homemaker, but I knew I wanted to do more. Through her coaching I was able to break through mental and emotional barriers so I could see clearly what I was offering and what I had to offer. Her encouragement helped me to follow my passion for supporting military families and helped me to make my business a reality. Allison has an amazing intuition during coaching calls and you feel safe and free to be completely transparent with her. I always feel better after a coaching call. I truly feel she improved my life immensely with her encouragement, coaching, and insight! So much so that I purchased her coaching services as a birthday present for a friend! My friend came back to me with raving reviews as I knew she would. Moriah, Christian counselor and mother of three, in Annapolis, MD.
If you’re ready to invest in your relationship – no matter whose fault it is – I can help you:
- Find courage – Learn how to make it easy to talk about hard things.
- Release resentment – So you can love with your whole heart again.
- Discover wisdom – Learn what those recurring arguments have been trying to tell you, so you can stop having them.
- Rediscover the person you fell in love with – They’re still there.
- Rediscover yourself – Innocent, joyful, and loveable . . . you’re still all that, too.
- Build a solid partnership – Learn how to cultivate a cheerful shared responsibility around kids and chores.
When I started coaching with Allison, my relationship with my husband was terrible – full of fights, insults, and aggressiveness. It took a serious toll on my self-esteem. I felt worthless. I opened my soul to Allison and everything started changing. I started looking at myself, my husband, and our relationship from a different perspective. I started to be able to give and receive. It was a-life changing experience. Of course life is not perfect, but now I have the tools to face it in a positive way. Allison is an extraordinary and perceptive coach. – Ana Rosa, scientist and mother of two, in Boston, MA
Coaching with Allison literally changed my life. Allison taught me that I was ultimately responsible for what I wanted, and empowered me to dream big, take chances, and whole-heartedly support myself for the first time in my life. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of the work we did together. I am constantly remembering things she said, advice she gave, and tools she taught me – all of which continue to help me manifest this life that I love. Kimberly, therapist and mother of two, in Chattanooga, TN
how does it work?
- First, we schedule a complimentary, introductory call to see if we’re a good fit. If we are, then. . .
- We commit to working together for six (6) sessions. That’s often all that’s needed to get you off and running with momentum! Sometimes, though, our work doesn’t feel done by the end of that initial commitment, and we continue coaching together until it is.
- You’ll get ready for coaching by completing pre-work that I send you.
- Coaching sessions are approximately 60 minutes long and conducted over the phone if you live in the U.S. or over Zoom video-teleconferencing if you live outside the U.S.
- We meet weekly or every-other week, depending on your needs.
- In between sessions, you’ll be invited to do homework and to check-in with me via email, in order to encourage accountability and momentum.
- You will receive a copy of your coaching notes; otherwise your records are completely confidential.
Who is it for?
More Than Just a Mother one-on-one coaching is for you if:
- You’re lost, stuck, or overwhelmed and don’t know where to start
- You’ve tried things (including therapy), but they haven’t worked
- You’ve tried things that worked, but the improvements haven’t lasted
- You are willing, able, and ready for honest inquiry and directed action-taking
- You want to be happy.
Are you ready to get unstuck and move forward with purpose and joy?
Then email allison@AllisonMechamEvans.com or phone (531) 600 – 8558 to schedule your complimentary, introductory call!
Anything I could say about Allison would be an understatement. Her coaching has supported me through the loss of one child and the birth of another. She’s grieved with me, helped prepare me for birth and motherhood, and guided me through the postpartum period. During some of my most difficult periods, Allison has always been a compassionate voice of reason. During some of my most celebratory moments, she’s right there being the cheerleader that everyone deserves. Her empathy, precision of thought, and clarity of language make her one of the most gifted and impactful teachers I’ve ever met. Allison’s strength is in her subtlety. Our conversations resonate long after our sessions. I’ve had many moments where I’ll remember something Allison had said to me days or even months prior, but only in the moment where I must finally apply her advice do I fully understand what she was trying to communicate to me all along. I trust Allison implicitly. She’s often said to me, “I’m cheering you on from afar” and I believe her. – Brandi, attorney and mother of one, in Los Angeles, CA